sábado, 7 de marzo de 2009

Twilightning - Delirium Veil



Finland (Imatra)

Twilightning was formed in 1998 in Imatra Finland. The original line-up consisted of four members: Tommi Sartanen (gtr.voc.), Ville Wallenius (gtr.), Jussi Kainulainen (b) and Juha Leskinen (dr.). In February 1999 the band recorded their first demo at Astia studios in Lappeenranta and due to that the they played a handful of gigs mostly in their home town. A few months later Mikko Naukkarinen joined the band as a keyboard player which resulted in approved live performance and enabled adding a new atmospheric dimension to song writing. The style and sound of the band was developing towards the present form as Twilightning recorded their second demo-CD "Affection Seeker" in April 2000. It was sold mostly in Finland and sent scattered places around the world before the Japanese company Disc Heaven wanted to buy all the remaining 200 copies of it. The group was doing more gigs including Nummirock 2000 festival and some smaller festivals in Finland. The year 2001 brought a major enforcement as Heikki Pyhi hit the line-up as a lead singer. Soon the band went off to record their third demo, called Return to Innocence, which received very good reviews and rouse the interest of record labels and got the band more publicity. The style of the band was taken to a more unique sounding combination of dynamic guitar work, catchy vocal lines, peculiar synth sounds and arrangements, hard driving drums and the mood of 80's hard rock. In November 2001 Twilightning signed a deal with Spinefarm records. The group continued performing and Tommi and Ville begun writing new material for the debut album. In September 2002 the band started the recordings of the album at Astia studio with Anssi Kippo, who also acted as a producer. The album was mixed by Timo Tolkki of Stratovarius at Finnvox studios in January 2003. At the moment the band is rehearsing for coming live shows and writing new songs. INTO TREASON ..



Heikki Poyhia - Vocals

Tommi Sartanen - Guitar

Ville Wallenius - Guitar

Jussi Kainulainen - Bass

Juha Leskinen - Drums

Former Members:

Mikko Naukkarinen - Keyboards


www.myspace.com/deliriumveil




At The Forge - Twilightning

At the Forge

When the heat rises up to the point of maximum temperature
To give birth to the flame
The fountain of passion showers high
New ways emerge in the endless search
for the expression supreme
And true value of art

What does it take to fell it and make it real?
Maybe you must deal with insanity or steal
When we are at the forge of creation

But who knows
What lights up the torch illuminating
the process for all those?
Those who are at the forge
When the steam burns your skin
And the mood is getting all so constrained
And the flame's dying down

The fountain of passion dried up... suddenly
No way out, there's nothing you can do about it but call it
And wait as long as you find another way
To create or come up with something that is to thrill
One must place one's soul between
The hammer and the anvil


Gone To The Wall - Twilightning

Gone to the Wall

Leant down in a daze
Pictures in my face
Reflections deep inside me
send shivers down my spine, to guide me...

A woman, not alone
Blushingly stripped to the bone
Now i see, i never Knew
She always looked askew

All this seems to be delusion
It must have been an odd illusion
All this feeds my inner urge to go
I know, it's glowing deep inside me
This show, the mindless thrall
I know, your grinning might misguide me
I know the weakest goes to the wall

Leant down in shame

An older man, so lame
Shivering, full of wine
By the shore line

Stream's fast, don't fight
At last, release the plight
It's clear, without a strife
I see my own life

Flint, struck, gives no spark at all
Women, touched, give no warmth for all
A child, lost, has gone to the wall


Masked Ball Dalliance - Twilightning

Masked Ball Dalliance

Spectral look in your eyes you caress my skin
Everyone in disguise to hide from the sin
Go on! inhibitions all gone
In the hope of carnal fruition we swan
In the hall of the masquerade ball
We're finally free 'cause of the mask and the shawl

Like phantoms we dance on and on
Fed upon a desire with no conditions

Time to doff your attire, wear the mask and release de fire
That's been smothered by the rules made up by charlatans and fools

Time to doff your attire, join the ball and the truth will transpire
About the over-ruling bent and why there's no need to repent

Mesmerizing music plays on and takes us higher
Hectic trance-like state of mind is what we'll acquire

Enthralled in a cobweb of passion
Reaching for the top as we spin

Among myriad bodies that fashion
New forms of the original sin


Return To Innocence - Twilightning

Return to Innocence

On our way to light
We are losing our own sheen
There's no chance to fight
Once it's gone you cannot gain it back

Can't no longer see
Through the eyes of the care-free
None of it left in me
Even the remnants perished a while ago

Enigma of life hems ruin within
I've seen it's rife with all this nice sin
But still feel like...

On wings of time we have been flying
For too long it seems to me there is no turning back hence
Thou I'm stronger and wiser now still I
Yearn the way things used to bee, Return to Innocence

I've been trying to find
A path to that lost sentiment
How could I rescind
The progress of the years that pass me by

We've become enslaved
Like helots grinding on and on
Hoping I had saved
The urge for freedom in my heart

Enigma of life hems ruin within
I've seen it's rife with sin

Turning back...


Delirium Veil - Twilightning


Delirium Veil

Voice of the wise is trying to summon you
>From the world where all the problems you can think of are solved
Blindfold, no one can see what's going on
People rave though there are not even any drugs involved

The vision unfolds and the things you've been told
Are unjustified by your own mind

Come with me and I'll show thee
What lies beyond the veil of delirium you'll see
And as we sail towards the dale
Let the ravings and delusions be blown away by gale
...beyond the delirium veil

The voyage goes on, cruising the seas of life
As you head for the dale it still remains unreachable
Day by day, make your way
Though leviathans of the depths seem almost unbeatable

The wisdom you'll gain won't make
You insane
Strive for the consciousness divine

Come with me and I'll show thee
What lies beyond the veil of delirium, you'll see!
And as we sail towards the dale
Introduce a new constitution
Let there be no more confusion
As the ravings and delusions are blown away by gale




Enslaved To The Mind - Twilightning

Deeper, I wanna go, hesitating no longer!
Mr. Reaper, let me show, my soul has grown much stronger
Deeper, I'd surely go, if I had no doubt about it
So, bear out it! I wanna know who will stifle my screams tonight?

Thrilled me, like never before, the silence was unbroken
Filled me with sagacious lore, the stillness gave no token
Deep into that darkness peering, I stood there, fearing

I could bear those hypocritical smiles no longer... no longer!

Obsessions need to swell
A genius in his cell
Wondering what went wrong
Suppression of his grind
A slave to his mind, in his head's game
Like a madman in his game, get insane...

Obsession depp in brain
He found it all in vain
A bitter lapse, not insane
Regression he can't find
Enslaved to the mind, not blind

No hay comentarios:

Spanish Evil Fans


fantastic pictures

Photobucket